Minangkabau Airport Temporarily Closes Again as Mount Marapi Erupts

Berita87 Dilihat

Sabtu, 20 Januari 2024 – 19:31 WIB

Sumatra – The Indonesian Transportation Ministry on Friday temporarily closed Minangkabau International Airport in Padang, West Sumatra, after Mount Marapi erupted and spewed volcanic ash again.

Baca Juga :

Ministry Strenghtens Cyber Patrolling on Animals Trafficking

M. Kristi Endah Murni, Director General of Air Transportation at the Ministry said that the eruption of Mount Marapi is so dynamic, then her party have to close the airport again to ensure safety.

“The eruption of Mount Marapi is dynamic, so we will continue to monitor this situation, and coordinate intensively with relevant stakeholders in terms of ensuring aspects of safety, security, and flight comfortability,” she informed in a statement on Friday.

Baca Juga :

Erupsi Gunung Marapi, Bandara Minangkabau Kembali Ditutup Sementara

She said that Mount Marapi on Friday released volcanic ash again, as determined from a test conducted by the Airport Authority Office Region VI in Padang.

Minangkabau International Airport’s closure was announced on Friday through a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM). The notice, No. B0115/24 NOTAMN, stated that the airport would remain closed from 2:15 p.m. local time until further notice.

Baca Juga :

Minangkabau Airport Temporarily Closed as Mount Marapi Eruption

According to the volcanic eruption notice issued by the Center for Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation (PVMBG), Mount Marapi spewed an ash column reaching 500 meters above the peak, or 3,391 m above sea level.

The thick ash column was observed to be gray and moving toward the southwest.

She added that the airport has been temporarily closed several times due to volcanic activity at Mount Marapi.

“I hope that the public, especially prospective passengers, can understand this force majeure situation. We received information that there are 16 flights potentially affected by the airport closure, (and) we continue to update this,” Murni concluded.

Halaman Selanjutnya

Murni said that her side, through the Airport Authority Region VI Padang, will continue to monitor and observe the development on the field at 30-minute to 1-hour intervals at several points around the airport.

Quoted From Many Source

Tinggalkan Balasan

Alamat email Anda tidak akan dipublikasikan. Ruas yang wajib ditandai *